Part of my morning routine is to listen to a podcast or two while I'm getting ready for work. Why a podcast? I like to consider myself a forever student, always hungry to learn more and podcasts are a great way of doing that. It was on The Model Health Show that I learned about the MD Breakfast Bowl. This gem was coined by Mike Dolce of the Dolce Diet. From the moment I heard them talk about it, I wanted to try it out. I fell in love with it at first bite. Is that a thing? Well it totally became a thing when I started eating it.
If you're interested, some of the podcasts that I listen to are as follows:
- Smart Passive Income
- Food Blogger Pro
- School of Greatness
- The Model Health Show
- ProBlogger Podcast
- The Chalene Show
Onto the recipe at hand...This bowl is packed full of flavor and it's SO FLIPPING HEALTHY. Guysssssssssssssssss! This is as good as it gets for your body to properly fuel itself. It's also SO easy to make too! It might be a little pricey to get the ingredients if you don't have them on hand, but it's totally worth it! I got a lot of the ingredients from the bulk section at Sprouts which helped with the cost. Have I ever mentioned how much I LOVE Sprouts? Well now you know. 😉 ANYWAYS, are you ready for this delish recipe? Let's get cooking!
MD Breakfast Bowl
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 3-10 minutes
Total Time: 8-15 minutes
- 1/3 cup oat bran
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup strawberries or blueberries or both
- 2 tbsp dried cranberries
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (or to taste)
- 1 tbsp almond butter (or nut butter or choice)
- Combine oat bran, berries and water in a microwave safe bowl. Nuke for 3 minutes. If you prefer to cook your oat bran on the stove top, follow packaging directions. Forewarning, this will take longer which means longer wait time for the mouf party that will ensue. Just sayin'.
- Once oat bran has fully cooked, add cranberries, chia seeds, hemp seeds, maple syrup and almond butter. Mix thoroughly.
- Proceed with caution. The breakfast bowl will be piping hot. Brace yourself for a taste bud explosion. That is all.
Recipe credit: click here