We all have those recipes that we keep in the rotation for those days where we need to cook but want to put minimal effort into it.This One Pan Sausage & Peppers is one of those recipes for me. The hardest part of this recipe is chopping up the veggies before dumping them on a pan and sticking them in the oven. Sounds like my kind of recipe. Easy and full of flavor. It's so versatile as well. You can add as many veggies as you would like or keep it simple. Either way you make it, it will still turn out tasty.
Let's get to cooking!
One Pan Sausage & Peppers
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Servings: 4 (1.5 cups)
- 1 package chicken sausage (I like Aidells)
- 1 onion, chopped into large chunks
- 2 bell peppers, chopped into large chunks (I prefer red bells)
- 1 lb. red potatoes, chopped into medium sized chunks
- 1/4 cup cooking oil (EVOO or Avocado oil work best)
- 2 tbsp 21 Seasoning Salute or a all purpose seasoning like Mrs. Dash Herb
- 1 tsp salt
- Parmesan cheese
- Avocado slices
- Tapatio hot sauce
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Veggies: Wash veggies thoroughly. Cut potatoes into small to medium chunks. The smaller the cut, the quicker they will cook. Cut the bell peppers and onions into large chunks. Place veggies into a large mixing bowl.
- Sausage: Make sure you get pre-cooked sausage so that you save yourself time. Cut the sausage links into medallions and place in the bowl with the other veggies.
- Add the 1/4 cup of cooking oil, 21 Seasoning Salute and salt. Mix thoroughly so that all of the veggies and sausage are coated with oil and seasonings.
- Line a large baking sheet with foil (this makes for easy clean up later). Spread the veggies evenly on the baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet with the veggie/sausage mixture into the oven and bake for 40 minutes. Half way through, make sure to mix the mixture so that it evenly cooks.
- Once baked, serve in bowls and top with avocado slices, Parmesan and hot sauce.